Sunday, March 18, 2012

World 2-25: Mega Man 2

Mega Man 2
~NES

Game number 25 of my trophy room has finally been completed! I am officially 25% done my quest to beat 100 games in a year. Not bad!

Mega Man 2 is an incredibly popular game, and after having beat it once again, I can elaborate why. While the game is a bit clunky considering it's age (it was released in 1988 in Japan - that makes it older than I am), it still stands strong in the top 10 lists of many gamers around the globe. Not only does it have one of the most memorable sound tracks of all the Mega Man games, it is also notoriously difficult - even on the default difficulty setting. The graphics are bright and inviting, and there are interesting (and oh so frustrating) level obstacles introduced to the game, such as a race against beams which kill you in one hit, and stages where you must time your jumps perfectly to land on the appearing and disappearing blocks to conquer lava pits. These aspects, coupled with the all new boss set and a very interesting twist on the final boss, leave Mega Man 2 in my top 10 video game list as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment